Can i also file for divorce if husband already filed a divorce case?
I have been married for 6 years, and all this while a lot of incidences of physical violence have happened. He has not let me in his house for last 1 and a half years and now he has filed a divorce case.
I haven't taken any action against him since we were not in India and a divorce case there would have costed him his job. Now can I file a divorce case after a divorce petition is filed from his side? I have some mails written to him over a period of time that proves harrassment.
Yes, there is nothing preventing you from filing a domestic violence case in India now, even after he has filed a divorce case against you.
You can claim maintenance, right of residence, protection from domestic violence, both physically as well as mentally, in such a petition.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- purchased a property from bank under RDDFBI court
- Illegal construction by builder is it safe to take loan on that flat
- Land acquisition by Government Before many year ago what to do
- false case of 498A against husband and his family
- Right over husband's properties and assets