Can I adopt child of my wife from her previous marriage
The court granted an exparte divorce to my wife who was having a 3 year old girl child from her last marriage. The father who is a drunkard was cruel both to the child as well as his wife. He never cared for the child. Since the child's birth, the child has been under the custody of my wife only. Even during the divorce proceedings the father never ever appeared at the court or contacted. Under these circumstances can I adopt the child (now 11 yrs old) as my daughter? All the needs and requirements of the child is being met by me as if she is my own biological daughter.
The consent of biological father of child is indispensable regardless of whether he has discharged or not his responsibilities as a father. She cannot be adopted without his consent.
The consent of the father is a must. Only then can the Deed of adoption be prepared wherein the natural/biological parents give the child to you for adoption.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Mother made nominee in the flat is it enough to transfer the flat
- Did not serve service period. Job abandoned.
- Property records shows my father's name can I claim my share in it
- POA in my name brothers asking for share in the property
- diffrence between decree order and just a court order