quesCan husband withdraw from mutual divorce?

Can the husband extract money from our family on pretext of agreeing to go for a mutual divorce? Can he later on refuse to sign for mutual divorce? What can we do later on?

  • ansAfter filing for divorce by mutual consent your husband is at liberty to change his mind. He may not turn up for hearing on the second motion.

    In such case if he withdraws his consent from your petition for mutual divorce can be dismissed.

    Thereafter, you have to then file fresh petition for divorce, also claim for maintenance.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have sent couple of legal Notices which were rejected by my wife as I…
Hi, For a legal notice from my lawyer, a reply notice is sent from opponent…
i am separated since last 7 months. My wife is living in Gurgoan and i…

I want to know the Procedure for divorce for a marriage done in a Arya…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly