Can husband stop giving maintenance if I shift to another state?
Does my husband have the right to not give me the maintenance money if I shift to another location? I am a divorcee and after my divorce my husband, as maintenance amount gives me 24,000 per month. My in laws are not aware about our Divorce.
I live in Meerat and want to shift to Delhi with my child. My husband is now making the shifting process difficult by saying he will not pay a single penny if we move to Delhi.
What should I do?
No, he cannot deny you your legally entitled maintenance amount on the grounds of you shifting from Meerut to Delhi.
He is legally under an obligation to provide you maintenance amount irrespective of your place and in case he stops giving you the maintenance amount, you can file a petition claiming the maintenance under the Indian Penal Code, 1860 and the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
If this amount was fixed by the Court when the Divorce was granted then you may even file a petition for contempt of court as he is disobeying Court Orders.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Worked in LIC for 30 days can I claim for absorption.
- How can i get mutual divorce
- My husband mentally tortures me like anything. What can i do?
- Can PSU deny benefit to deceased employees?
- Mother was getting father's pension now expired. How to get pension?