can husband demand maintenance
I am a govt. servant and want to take divorce from my husband as he is not loyal for our wedding. Is there any law that husband can take maintenance from his wife. Because he is running his father's business. I am in fear that whether he can take maintenance from me if I start the divorce procedure first ?
If your husband is not working and is unable to maintain himself and the wife is working and any legal case is pending under Hindu marriage act then husband can claim maintenance from his wife under section 24 of HMA if you think to file divorce against your husband then it will be better to file MCD with his consent. draft a MOU and file the samewith MCD petition.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Criminal assault by villagers,police not taking any action what to do
- Can i take legal action against mother for threatening?
- What is my liability if my commercial vehicle met with an accident?
- What is the validity of divorce on notary paper
- In laws took daughter along. Now asking huge amount of money.