quescan husband claim share in wife property

My husband has an illicit relationship with another woman. He had named property in my name 20 years back but he wants his share in the property. Is that applicable under the law? Can he get a share in property and do i and my children have a share in property which is in his name. We have not filed a divorce case and neither do i plan so.

  • ansHow was property transferred in your name? was it by gift deed duly stamped and registered? If property was transferred in your name by gift deed you are absolute owner of said property . Your husband has no right in said property. You can dispose the said property as you so desire.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir, I a hindu indian Citizen married in march-2016.I returned alone to my job abroad…
Hi, I got married in 2006, With the grace of God I became a father…
What is the procedure for divorce through court ?

My wife is having an affair with another married man and wants divorce which I…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly