can husband claim share in wife property
My husband has an illicit relationship with another woman. He had named property in my name 20 years back but he wants his share in the property. Is that applicable under the law? Can he get a share in property and do i and my children have a share in property which is in his name. We have not filed a divorce case and neither do i plan so.
How was property transferred in your name? was it by gift deed duly stamped and registered? If property was transferred in your name by gift deed you are absolute owner of said property . Your husband has no right in said property. You can dispose the said property as you so desire.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Domestic violence by husband what can we do
- What action can be taken if son beats mother for money
- I do not have criminal petition number how to retrieve court order
- What is the stamp duty on gift deeds of immovable property?
- Want divorce but Don't want wife to make false charges