Can evidence in 125 case be based only on affidavit?
Can a case under section 125 Cr.P.C. be decided only on the basis of evidence by way of affidavit filed by complainant?
Your evidence should be supported with some documents to corroborate the same. In the absence of documentary proof it will be difficult for the court to provide the relief sought for.
The complainant is required to be cross examined by the defendant with respect to the affidavit. Thereafter the court has to decide the case on the basis of evidence supported by the relevant documents filed by the complainant.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
- IPC Section 125 - Waging war against any Asiatic Power in alliance with the Government of India
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Ancestral property sold by bank do I have a right?
- Can i take posession of property after judgement is in my favour
- Won case but did not get possession yet
- Husband working in Isro ahmedabad.kept myoriginal documents what to do
- Builder not returning amount paid to him for booking