Can divorce through legal notice be granted?
My sister has been married for 10 years now. She has 3 kids. The oldest is a daughter who has a mental disorder. Due to some personal issues, my brother in law left the house and left behind his wife and kids. My brother in law and my sister have been living separately for 5 years now.
Last year she received divorce notices from her husband and she did not acknowledge it. Now my brother in law is married to another lady and they are living together. What is the next step for my sister to get her legal benefits from his husband to look after her children?
Issuing a legal notice itself cannot be claimed a divorce and you have to verify whether you have received a notice or summons from the court. If the court has granted him a divorce, he has every right to remarry.
You must try to find out whether the divorce was issued as an exparte. You can then file a case for restoration of conjugal rights, if not then you can file a case for criminal proceedings. In both cases, you can demand for a maintenance from him
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can i file case in court court now if FIR was filed in 04/16
- Bron in India but stayed in foreign after that want birthcertificate
- College not providing transfer certificate, please suggest what to do?
- Illegal mobile phone tapping
- Husband has an affair with a married woman how to get divorce