×

quesCan divorce petition be changed to mutual divorce after case is filed?

Is it possible to change my divorce petition and file for mutual divorce instead?

As I have asked there is a period of 6 months in mutual divorce before it is finalized.

Can we waive that period somehow, if both parties don’t wish for 6 months period for finalizing divorce?

Before providing you with any legally advising we would like to know, 

What is the stage of your pending divorce petition?

Now regarding your queries:

1.    The existing divorce petition can be converted to divorce by mutual consent. For doing that the consent terms have to be filed in family court.

2.    There is no provision in law which allows the exemption from the period of 6 months for finalizing your divorce. Only the Hon’ble Supreme Court can allow that exemption under certain circumstances.