Can divorce petition be changed to mutual divorce after case is filed?
Is it possible to change my divorce petition and file for mutual divorce instead?
As I have asked there is a period of 6 months in mutual divorce before it is finalized.
Can we waive that period somehow, if both parties don’t wish for 6 months period for finalizing divorce?
Before providing you with any legally advising we would like to know,
What is the stage of your pending divorce petition?
Now regarding your queries:
1. The existing divorce petition can be converted to divorce by mutual consent. For doing that the consent terms have to be filed in family court.
2. There is no provision in law which allows the exemption from the period of 6 months for finalizing your divorce. Only the Hon’ble Supreme Court can allow that exemption under certain circumstances.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How can I recover money from nephew when he does not have any asset
- Purchased a land which is challenged how can I defend myself
- Rent cheque deposited was bounced what action can we take?
- What action can I take against the owner for not providing documents
- Can father who is a tenant transfer the premises to his son?