quescan contested divorce be converted to mutual divorce

My daughter has filed a divorce petition on and her husband also filed a divorce petition separately charging allegations on cases each other. After attending number of hearings and counselling, now they have arrived to a mutual agreement to settle issues like returning of jeweleries and alimony amount etc in the presence of the Judge.

My question is should they again file a mutual divorce petition and wait for 6 months for getting the divorce or they can get the divorce order in the forthcoming hearing itself?

  • ansThere is no need to file a separate mutual divorce petition. Court will convert the existing petition to mutual consent divorce petition. On the next date of hearing depending upon the agreement between the parties, court can pass order of divorce if both the parties are present and agree for the consented order.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I purchased a property in the name of me and my wife in 2006 ,…
We did love marriage but now in this total time span of 10 months we…
I filled divorce case on my wife against cruelty, desertion and adultery ground. I filled…
I m working women . Separated from last 1 year so that to be able…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly