quescan contested divorce be converted to mutual divorce

My daughter has filed a divorce petition on and her husband also filed a divorce petition separately charging allegations on cases each other. After attending number of hearings and counselling, now they have arrived to a mutual agreement to settle issues like returning of jeweleries and alimony amount etc in the presence of the Judge.

My question is should they again file a mutual divorce petition and wait for 6 months for getting the divorce or they can get the divorce order in the forthcoming hearing itself?

• ansThere is no need to file a separate mutual divorce petition. Court will convert the existing petition to mutual consent divorce petition. On the next date of hearing depending upon the agreement between the parties, court can pass order of divorce if both the parties are present and agree for the consented order.