can contested divorce be converted to mutual divorce
My daughter has filed a divorce petition on and her husband also filed a divorce petition separately charging allegations on cases each other. After attending number of hearings and counselling, now they have arrived to a mutual agreement to settle issues like returning of jeweleries and alimony amount etc in the presence of the Judge.
My question is should they again file a mutual divorce petition and wait for 6 months for getting the divorce or they can get the divorce order in the forthcoming hearing itself?
There is no need to file a separate mutual divorce petition. Court will convert the existing petition to mutual consent divorce petition. On the next date of hearing depending upon the agreement between the parties, court can pass order of divorce if both the parties are present and agree for the consented order.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Prenuptial agreement legal for indian marriages
- who is the person rights to take the construction compensation amount?
- Builder not providing right to the roof top what action can i take?
- Where is matrimonial case filed in parties are in different country
- Brother committed suicide because girl threatened to file complaint