Can conciliation period be waived for mutual divorce
I had filed a divorce case in 2007, and this was contested by my wife. In June 2013, I withdrew the above mentioned case and then me and my wife decided to file a mutual consent divorce. Can the 6 month conciliation period be waived off in our case? Please advise
The six months period cannot be waived to get divorce decree, only Supreme Court has got the power to grant relaxation in such cases by invoking the doctrine of irretrievable breakdown of marriage.
It is important since cooling-off period sometimes results in reconciliation between the husband and wife leading to saving their marriage.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- What is the procedure for divorce under Muslim Law.
- Can a land tenant come for any problem if he lease it for 15 years
- Can I appear for govt exam if case is pending in the court
- Are govt organisations regulated under consumer laws?
- Can I file for property partition after parent's divorce