Can civil and criminal domestic violence case run together?
Is it right that we cannot file 498 FIR and Civil Domestic Violence cases together and simultaneously? I was not allowed to enter the house. I had also gone to the women’s cell where the women cell inspector says I can either file a Domestic Violence & Maintenance case or 498 FIR but I want to file both together.
What can I do in this case?
No, its not true that you cannot file 498 and Civil DV case together. You can file both of these together. Civil and Criminal remedies run separately and simultaneously and filing one is not a bar on filing the other.
You can get the complaint register and also file a domestic violence complaint along with maintenance.
Moreover, the DV Act is more of civil remedy and the same has been recognized by the Courts.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can I apply for a government job if I am acquitted
- Sweet factory causing pollution can I complain about the same?
- Girl married at minor age and now forcing her to live with in laws
- Girl married when she was not 18 domestic violence what are the rights
- Difference in land area in registry and mutation