quesCan civil and criminal domestic violence case run together?

Is it right that we cannot file 498 FIR and Civil Domestic Violence cases together and simultaneously? I was not allowed to enter the house. I had also gone to the women’s cell where the women cell inspector says I can either file a Domestic Violence & Maintenance case or 498 FIR but I want to file both together.

What can I do in this case?

No, its not true that you cannot file 498 and Civil DV case together. You can file both of these together. Civil and Criminal remedies run separately and simultaneously and filing one is not a bar on filing the other.

You can get the complaint register and also file a domestic violence complaint along with maintenance.

Moreover, the DV Act is more of civil remedy and the same has been recognized by the Courts.