Can a boy and a girl aged 19 have a live-in relationship?
Can a boy and a girl both aged 19 live together without getting married against the will of their parents.
Reason to this step is that both the girl and the guy are in a serious relationship but the girl belongs to a Brahmin caste and the boy is a Hindu.
Need your guidance as soon as possible.
Legally since both the boy and the girl are consenting adults they can live together even against the will of their parents.
However, the minimum age requirement to get married as per the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 is 18 for a girl and 21 for a boy.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Employer harassing and not giving employment letter what can be done
- Employer forced me to resign what can I do
- Delay in final settlement by the previous company
- Division of grandfathers property
- How to prevent unauthorized sale of a plot by brothers?