quesCan a boy and a girl aged 19 have a live-in relationship?

Can a boy and a girl both aged 19 live together without getting married against the will of their parents.

Reason to this step is that both the girl and the guy are in a serious relationship but the girl belongs to a Brahmin caste and the boy is a Hindu.

Need your guidance as soon as possible.

  • ans

    Legally since both the boy and the girl are consenting adults they can live together even against the will of their parents.

    However, the minimum age requirement to get married as per the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 is 18 for a girl and 21 for a boy.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Abused by husband . False allegations iCan divorce be possible within 1 year of marriage.What…
I had filed a divorce case in 2007, and this was contested by my wife.…
Hello sir/mam, I and my husband got married on one month back in arya samaj…

My wife is a qualified CA since 1 year and is working with a CA…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly