quesBrother in Dubai. Does he need to come to India for mutual divorce?

My brother lives in Dubai. He has been married for 10 years, and now the marriage has turned bitter and he wants a Divorce. He is unable to travel to India because of legal and business problems. His marriage was solemnized in India. How can he get a Divorce?


If Ex party is awarded can the wife claim maintenance later or can he sign an agreement for one time settlement? For Divorce by mutual consent will he have to come to India?


  • ans


    Firstly, we would like to know that is your brother's wife living in India?


    If yes, your brother can get a Divorce while sitting in Dubai through Skype. If his wife gets an ex-parte Divorce, his wife is entitled to maintenance and alimony.


    The other option is that your brother can settle all the issues with his wife through a Power Of Attorney and can enter into a MOU / Settlement deed whereby he can settle all the issues with his wife once and for all and she cannot have any claims thereafter.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

In dowry harassment case they are ready to make the settlement in how much time…

I filed a complaint against my husband in the CAW cell. Ours was a love…
I'm married for almost 4 yrs now and i have 2yr old son. i'm doing…
Can i get devoce online Because i m now in singapore for study visa I…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly