Brother in Dubai. Does he need to come to India for mutual divorce?
My brother lives in Dubai. He has been married for 10 years, and now the marriage has turned bitter and he wants a Divorce. He is unable to travel to India because of legal and business problems. His marriage was solemnized in India. How can he get a Divorce?
If Ex party is awarded can the wife claim maintenance later or can he sign an agreement for one time settlement? For Divorce by mutual consent will he have to come to India?
Firstly, we would like to know that is your brother's wife living in India?
If yes, your brother can get a Divorce while sitting in Dubai through Skype. If his wife gets an ex-parte Divorce, his wife is entitled to maintenance and alimony.
The other option is that your brother can settle all the issues with his wife through a Power Of Attorney and can enter into a MOU / Settlement deed whereby he can settle all the issues with his wife once and for all and she cannot have any claims thereafter.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Seniors taking my facebook picture and talking dirty on whatsapp group
- Where can i file a case for harassment against my family
- Daughter in law threatening in laws
- How to claim compensation in case of motor accident
- Is there licence required to lend money at 2% per month