Brother & his wife threatening to commit suicide
I parted ways from my family. It's been more than a year. Ours was a joint family including three brothers with their respective wives, children and my mother. I got my property share and we shifted to a new home with my youngest brother, his wife and children. However, the youngest brother is also a drunkard. He has been admitted in the rehabilitation center a lot of times and his wife on the other hand is very dangerous and of a clever nature. Now the problem is that some time back my mother came to stay with me. She said that she couldn't live with them there since the youngest brother's wife is alwys shouting and both of them say a lot of times that they will commit suicide and put the blame on us. I've been living seprate for the last 1 year but our offices are combined under one plot. Plz advise. Can police take any action against us?
You can start off by recording the telephonic threats received from your brother and his wife. The police will only take action against you if the brother or his wife leave behind a suicide note complaining about harassment from you. You can collect all records of threats.
Kindly file a report in your local police station in writing and sent a copy of that to SP and DGP keep a copy of that.
Make a request in that for taking early action in this regard.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Age of consent of female in India
- What is the validity of Non-compete clauses in India?
- withdrawal of case under section 376 and filing divorce under 13b
- two years passed since retirement, haven't recieved luggage claim yet
- HRA not provided by railway What legal action can I take