Arranged marriage done. Want to get divorce. How to do?
I just got married few months ago, it was an arranged marriage. There was no dowry demands. I feel incompatible with the girl and nor have we had conjugal relations, though we live together. What are the procedure for divorce? I have been told that in arranged marriages going through a divorce, the girl's family can file a dowry harassment case. Can you draw for me the implications of going for a divorce which is contested and what other provisions can be used to harass?
Visit a marriage counselor to resolve your disputes if any. You cant file for divorce unless you have been married for a year except in exceptional circumstances. The facts mentioned by you don't constitute any reason for divorce. No case of mental cruelty is made out.
You entered into a arranged marriage on your own accord. In the event you file for divorce in reply your wife may take the plea that you are impotent . She may file complaint under Domestic Violence act to seek maintenance, right to stay in matrimonial home.
She may also file complaint under section 498A. You would need to obtain Anticipatory Bail in case FIR is lodged .
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- how to get non traceable report certified copy from court
- Can accounts of apartment Association maintained like business account
- Can annexure-D of passport be used as valid marriage proof
- received Notice from Bank for recovery after 4 years. What to do?
- 1st will is being challenged what is the validity of subsequent will