quesamount of compensation in an agreement to live apart

how much compensation can I expect my husband to pay me ie percentage of his income if we mutually decide to live apart .I am nonworking woman .we have an 8 years old son who will be staying with me

  • ansmadam,

    it is for your information that generally compensation is decided on the basis of the income of the husband since you have got one son also than you will get heavy compensation from your husband.

    Non working women has also got one edge in the case. He has to maintain you and your child. He has to provide you status of living which you are entitled for.

    He has to provide educational expenses, uniform, books expenses of the child.

    he has to provide you house also for stay to you and your son or in the alternative, rent of the house.

    Your husband has to file income of affidavit in the court for his won movable and immovable assets in the court.

    Advocate Harish Malhotra

      District Court, Gurgaon

  • ansSince you have decided to Mutually decided to live apart, it should be your husband and you who should mutually decide on amount of your monthly maintenance.

    Having said so, and under the given circumstances, that you are non-working & have a 8 year old son to take care of, and his day to day needs along with his education, and assuming that you shall be living on rent, ideally minimum of 50% of your husband's monthly earnings should be given to you, which may increase in the event you and your husband decide mutually.

    In the event you have decided to take divorce by mutual consent, then the terms of settlement should be clearly written in divorce petition as well as joint statement before the court with respect to your maintenance & custody of your son in addition to other relevant terms of settlement.

    Advocate Vivek Nasa

      Gurgaon District Court, Gurgaon

  • ansIn mutual consent divorce cases this is between the parties to choose/fix about the maintenance or alimony. You both can decide about the amount you want to get from your husband after considering his income and properties.

    Advocate Sandeep Aggarwal

      Sector-12A, Panchkula

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I got married on 27 jan 2014 forcefully by my parents and now they have…

Hello sir ,i want to know, a lady who married in 1959.his husband did another…

I have a friend who is married and is now on the verge of getting…

My sister got married 15 years back under Hindu customs & laws. Her husband filled…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly