Alcoholic husband. Want divorce and custody of child.
I want to take divorce from my husband. He is a central government employee. He is alcoholic and beats me. I have a 1 years old son. I also want to take custody of my son. I am also working and do not want alimony from my him. Please guide me what to do?
Assuming you are Hindus,
You can file a divorce petition under section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act on ground of cruelty.
As your son in under the age of 5 years, the custody of the child in most cases resides with the mother.
You are also entitled to maintenance for your son.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What can be done if PDC surety money not returning
- Partnership deal is cancel after 5 year
- How to get an additional floor in a building approved to purchase it?
- Company assets to be sold to repay amount. No update, what to do?
- What are the formalities involved in starting an All India level NGO?