Adoption of the son by step father
I have got divorce 15 years back and it was ex party. My husband does not pay us any maintenance. My son is now 14 years old and I have got remarried. We do not have any contact with my ex-husband for many years. My second husband want to legally adopt my son.
Please let me know the procedure and whether the consent of my ex-husband is necessary?
Adoption is not possible without the consent of biological father of your son. His consent is compulsory. If he consents then the adoption deed can be validly made and registered, under the court of law.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What duties or taxes if I import and sell goods in India?
- Is discharge of problem enough or should I go for quash of cr case
- Right in uncle's business and property
- What is the procedure to get the Birth Certificate made ?
- Am I eligible for broad banding of disability pension