ques48 year old woman for alimony after divorce.

I am 48 year old. My divorce case is pending in a district court from last three years. I am giving alimony to my wife 9000 per month. She was living in her mother house from last 3 years. But last week she came into my house. Now she is living in my house. I filled a written complaint to Police but police did not take any action and saying that "we can't take any action because matter in court.

So, now i want to know that can she live in my house ? Can I stop giving alimony ? My advocate tells me that she can live in my house with getting alimony. The divorce case is filled by my side. My divorce ground is that she is mentally ill or she attacks on other. The evidence of a doctor has been done in court.

  • ansWhose property is the above stated? If you are not the owner of this house then the respective owner can file suit for her eviction. Yes, she can get alimony even if she remains in this house. In case, you are owner of this house then file petition in court to provide her alternative accommodation on the ground of her mental illness.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi, i am in love with married girl she has a 2 year boy, thats…
Meri shadi ko 7 saal ho gye h.ek beta h 3 saal ka bt meri…

SiR, In 2008 i did love marriage @ Arya Smaj Mandir but my wife wanted…

Currently i have taken up contract base job, i have filed a petition in court…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly