quesReputed co. saying that i have lottery. What legal recourse if fake?

I received a mail from samsung saying that i won lottery of 18 lakhs, if i pay 1.2 lakh will get the remaining amount. If this turn out to be fake what legal recourse do i have? The whole conversation happened via mail and there is no physical contact. I am also receiving mails from RBI to make payment.

• ansSuch emails are always spam. Always delete them. Nobody just randomly wins a lottery like this. Those email ids are all fake. Though legally you have a 'right' to take action, I don't recommend it since it'll be a wasted exercise.

You will not get any money and the attempt to catch people involved would be very cumbersome because a lot of times the main servers and people are based out of India. Just drop this and be careful next time.

• ansThis mail can be a spam, so please do not pay Rs. 1.2 lakhs. Further there must be terms and condition in the mail, please go through the same.
    Further, we suggest that you should write an email to Samsung and enquire about the authenticity of email

• ansSuch emails are always spam. Always delete them. Nobody just randomly wins a lottery like this. Those email ids are all fake. Though legally you have a 'right' to take action, I don't recommend it since it'll be a wasted exercise. You will not get any money and the attempt to catch people involved would be very cumbersome because a lot of times the main servers and people are based out of India. Just drop this and be careful next time.

Advocate Dhruv Suri

Barakhamba Road, Delhi