Police inquiring about the email sent by me what can I do - FREE LEGAL ADVICE

quesPolice inquiring about the email sent by me what can I do

got a call from cops asking that u did send some email few months before to someone on particular date but I didnt recall what such thing I send & i tried searching & Didnt get anything.may be someone used my wifi to send something & I am not aware with that.the cop didnt tell what mail it was & they asked for personal details & how do u use net & things related to it.they asked for the mail of a specific date but I didnt mail as such & I told them.they said ok if u recall if anyone visited u that day or someone used net let us know & gave a num.what next step they can take & what I should do.

The police are, in all probability, investigating a case based on a private complaint. If they do not require any further information from you then there is no cause for worry.

However, if the police come to seize your computer or any other devices, or to conduct a search, or for your arrest, do ensure that the police have proper warrants and authorizations.

If an FIR has been filed then you may be able to gather information on the case from the FIR which could be found online.