×

quesHow can I know the physical location of the email sender?

I was received email(from another gmail account) on my gmail. The sender accessed his email using a web browser while sending email to me and claimed in that email that he is located at place A physically. Now since google does not disclose IP information(It is masked by google) in email headers because of its privacy policy the approximate physical loc of the sender could not be determined. How can I file a suit police complaint etc(under which law section etc) or inquire from google to get this information about the physical loc of the sender so as to confirm if he was really located at A

• ansDear friend,
    Unless no offence has been committed by e mail sender to your email or any offensive overt act committed ,there can nothing be done for telling lies or police has so much time.yes if any offence has been committed as per section 66a etc again depend on type of offence , complaint can be register in cyber cell crime straight away or through PS .OFC : pankaj Kumar,Advocates

Advocate Pankaj Kumar

kaggadasapura, Bangalore