How can file a case for a fake facebook profile made in my name?
A fake facebook I.D with my pictures is being used by someone. This person has made a facebook I.D in my name and has also added various pictures to this profile to which people are writing extremely abusive comments on.
I lodged a complaint in Prashant Nagar Police Station that was transferred to Daryaganj Police Station via the Karol Bagh Police Station. On directly reaching out to the cyber cell for help I was told that the complaint was not processed yet and they couldn’t help until they had received the same in writing.
What can I now do?
You can register a written complaint in your nearest Police Station as well as the Cyber Crime Cell of Delhi which is situated at Cyber Crime Investigation Cell Central Bureau of Investigation, 5th Floor, Block No.3, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 3 Contact Details: +91-11-4362203 +91-11-4392424 Web site: http://cbi.nic.in/ E-Mail: email@example.com.
It is essential that you give your complaint in writing and you will be given a Diary No. once your complaint is registered. When you lodge your written complaint do attach all the necessary documents as proof the cyber crime. . Post that the Cell shall be under an obligation to investigate your case and in case the same doesn't happen, you can approach us and we shall assist you with the same.
Prima facie you can file a case of impersonation, mischief & Criminal Defamation in addition to offences under the IT Act that have been committed by the offender.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can daughters claim share in property if father died in 2008
- After resignation bank asking for notice period. Nothing in contract.
- How to show income for the agricultural land sold at 3 times the rate.
- Tenant damaged landlord's property due to negligence
- Flat registered in my name how can I transfer it to my mothers name