Friend hacked my profile and blackmailing me. What action can I take?
My friend, who hacked my email ID, is blackmailing me with some pictures I had sent to my boyfriend. He is asking me to develop a physical relationship with him. Is there a way out of it?
Can I at the same time ensure he does not leak out my pictures?
First of all hacking email is a crime and is punishable under Section 66 of Information Technology Act 2000. The person is punished with imprisonment up to three years, or a fine which may extend to five lakhs rupees or both.
Further, your friend cannot force you to establish physical relationship with him. This amounts to sexual harassment and it is punishable with imprisonment and fine both. By virtue of Criminal Law Amendment provides amendment in Indian Penal Code on law related to Sexual offence.
We suggest you to make a written complaint under Section 66 of Information Technology Act and Section 354 A and get the FIR registered.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Is No Fault Divorce granted in USA applicable in India
- Phone recordings and chats are considered as evidence in court
- Developer asking bribe for registration what should I do
- Planning to buy a plot. Can i buy it from GPA?
- Are defaulters liable for non payment of housing society's bills