exposing my personal chat. Can file for damaging reputation?
I want to know that If someone trying to expose my personal chat on facebook or any other website then Can I go to the court and against him ? for ruining my reputation in the market.
Your query is silent on the nature of chat. Please note you can file defamation suit against the person, only if you can prove that the statements injured the person’s reputation and were published.
If the is false statement that causes you to be harmed in some way. Whether the statement is published in the paper, on the Internet, or is merely spoken to another, it has the power to harm you , then you can file a criminal compliant for defamation under Section 499 of Indian Penal Code.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- helping in running away from domestic violence at home by father
- my mothers brothers are not giving correct money after partition.
- girl child custody. Both parents financial condition weak.
- Husband not taking financial responsibility of wife and children
- Where to file complaint against vulgar advertisement in newspaper