quesexposing my personal chat. Can file for damaging reputation?

I want to know that If someone trying to expose my personal chat on facebook or any other website then Can I go to the court and against him ? for ruining my reputation in the market.

• ansYour query is silent on the nature of chat. Please note you can file defamation suit against the person, only if you can prove that the statements injured the person’s reputation and were published. 

If the  is false statement that causes you to be harmed in some way. Whether the statement is published in the paper, on the Internet, or is merely spoken to another, it has the power to harm you , then you can file a criminal compliant for defamation under Section 499 of Indian Penal Code.