quesEmail hacking case. Filed FIR against the Hacker. No action taken?

I have following queries:- 1. I need yahoo to retain the activity log of my email account which was hacked - For how long yahoo and other email service providers keep the activity log and how to obtain the same from them being the owner of the email account. Please note, I have already filed FIR against the hacker but police is not showing any inclination to complete the investigation, it has been 8-9 months now. 2. How to obtain the activity log from yahoo if email server is in U.S

• ansHello
    If the email account is your own account then you have to send a legal notice to Yahoo inorder to receive the activity log. Usually Service Providers retain logs for around 1 year. I will have to go through the FIR filed by you to be able to understand the exact issue. Also, you should file a complaint in the Cyber Crime Cell. Where the server is located does not make any difference at all.
    Hope this advice helps.

Advocate Puneet Bhasin

Dev Corpora, Thane

• ansHello
    Hope this advice helps.

Advocate Puneet Bhasin

Dev Corpora, Thane