Defamatory email messages sent against me
I'm having a matrimonial dispute with my wife. She has filed 498A, 406, and domestic violence case against me. My wife has been sending email messages and facebook messages to my social contacts making false and baseless allegations against me and my family. This is really harming my reputation. Can something be done about this
yes, you can file a complaint under section 499 IPC before the police and later under the same section before the Court. you may show these emails/ messages to the court where the matter is going on. the matter also falls under cyber law which can be clubbed along with Section 499 IPC
Advocate Siddhant SharmaGreater Kailash-1, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Took cheque as payment but it bounced and person is ignoring now
- can widow file case at the location of her residence rather property
- What to do if husband is avoiding me after reconciliation
- Buying B-khata flat in bangalore, is it advisable?What docs to verify?
- Can we take legal action if a person ran away after giving cheque