quesDefamatory email messages sent against me

I'm having a matrimonial dispute with my wife. She has filed 498A, 406, and domestic violence case against me. My wife has been sending email messages and facebook messages to my social contacts making false and baseless allegations against me and my family. This is really harming my reputation. Can something be done about this

  • ansyes, you can file a complaint under section 499 IPC before the police and later under the same section before the Court. you may show these emails/ messages to the court where the matter is going on. the matter also falls under cyber law which can be clubbed along with Section 499 IPC

    Advocate Siddhant Sharma

      Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Cyber Crime lawyers in India

Similar questions

some people posted fake defamatory comments from my facebook account against the company. Now company…

I did a mistake in face.basically i m in relationship since last 4years with a…
my Question is regarding cyber crime..A guy who was my very good friend and I…
If a company gives its copyrighted book and software codes to a cloud computing company…

Cyber Crime Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Dhruv Banerji

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 4 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly