×

quesBoyfriend threatening to upload personal photos What action can I take

I have a relationship with a guy but I m not married but that I have some photos with him where I put sindur and have some intimate photos with him so by showing this things he wants to prove that we r married in the court by gandharva vivah. Is it possible

• ansHi,

It is a criminal case of Extortion, if he demands you to stay with him or fulfill his sexual desire.
    However, it is an offence also under Information Technology Act for "Publishing images containing sexual acts" and "Publishing offensive, false or threatening information" for which he will be sentenced to imprisonment for 2-5 years and with fine also which may extend to ten lakh rupees.

Advocate Sohit Choudhary

Saket Court, Delhi

• ansYou have not disclosed that what you wanted and what kind of threats he is giving? If you wanted to get rid of him then its easy. If you wanted to take back your all of article along with break your relationship with him that is also possible .
    Thanks and regards

Advocate Anand Verdhan Maitreya

Tis Hazari Court, Delhi