Boyfriend threatening to upload personal photos What action can I take
I have a relationship with a guy but I m not married but that I have some photos with him where I put sindur and have some intimate photos with him so by showing this things he wants to prove that we r married in the court by gandharva vivah. Is it possible
It is a criminal case of Extortion, if he demands you to stay with him or fulfill his sexual desire.
However, it is an offence also under Information Technology Act for "Publishing images containing sexual acts" and "Publishing offensive, false or threatening information" for which he will be sentenced to imprisonment for 2-5 years and with fine also which may extend to ten lakh rupees.
Advocate Sohit ChoudharySaket Court, Delhi
You have not disclosed that what you wanted and what kind of threats he is giving? If you wanted to get rid of him then its easy. If you wanted to take back your all of article along with break your relationship with him that is also possible .
Thanks and regards
Advocate Anand Verdhan MaitreyaTis Hazari Court, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Cheque returned due to insufficient amount What action can I take
- Unnecessary dirt caused due to tree leaves planted by neighbours
- Husband and in laws harassing and forcing to file for divorce.
- Can I file case against lottery and video gambling machine parlor
- How to proceed incase person is charged with section 354 and 506