Are online betting websites legal and allowed in India?
Are online bidding websites legal and allowed in India? I was a bidder in one of these websites on 15th Feb and the website now is refusing to give my claim stating that I won the bid using wrong means.
How can I get my money back? and if this is illegal how can we stop other people from getting cheated by these websites?
Betting in any form, i.e. physical, via E-mail or Online is not allowed in India. As the premise on which you have put your money on stake in itself is not legal and valid, you can't recover your prize money, irrespective of you knowing or not knowing that the money is being put on stake on an illegal and unallowed platform.
However, if your have been induced to pay any money, you can file a cheating case against the alleged website and file a complaint against the matter to the Cyber Crime Cell.
We can help you draft your complaint and file your case ensuring all details and damages are covered in the same so that you get speedy justice and fair trial of your case.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Brother took mother's share by cheating what action can I take
- Can i get regular employment as per recent SC judgement
- Paying installments for dead father's house. Can brothers ask share?
- Can daughter oppose registered WILL?
- Discharged from 498a when mutual divorce filed