Regarding attachment of property in customs case. Can father be jailed
My father was involved in a customs case in 2012. The property we live in is in my grand- moms name but was in my father's name when it was bought and transferred in 1998. My dad was imposed with sections 112,112a,114aa,117 of the customs act. My grand- mom is alive. Can the customs attach the above property is there even a slightest chance ? A penalty of 60 lacs was imposed and an appeal has been filed in the tribunal . Can the govt charge interest on the penalty before the judgement of the appeal? Can my dad be imprisoned for this?
If the property was transferred by Gift deed in the year 1988, then the property cannot be attached .However there certain facts which needs to be considered but for that we will have to examine your facts.
Your query is silent on certain facts:
1. Present ownership of property?
2. Is your grandmother alive? Has she made her WILL?
Please provide complete facts, so that we can address your query
Furthermore, yes if your father is unable to pay then Hon'ble Court can pass an arrest warrant against your father
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Customs & Central Excise Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
- IPC Section 114 - Abettor present when offence is committed
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Salary not given by employer what can I do.
- Company took legal action for posting negative feedback on twitter
- College is not giving interest of 65000 for 7months scholarship amount
- Cash deposited in CDM machine bank but not credited in my account
- Can I get salary information of a govt employee through RTI