Parcel stopped by customs as it contained some cash in it.
I have a received my parcel from London. It has been stopped by customs. The person with some goods has put some cash in the parcel. We were unaware that such transfers are not allowed. Now the authorities are asking for money every now and then on basis of taxes. What can i do now?
I very much doubt that you actually received cash in the parcel. Are you sure that the same came to you? Or are you on the receiving end of such frauds, wherein foreign parcels containing cash are said to have been confiscated by the Customs, and you have to make payments to certain accounts? In such a case its your duty to register Criminal Complaints against such persons. Details can be traced through the account details.
Advocate Debashis MukherjeeSafdarjung Development Area, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Customs & Central Excise Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife filed for higher alimony against me
- Can lower court execute the judgement when the case is in high court ?
- How can i protect my new business idea from being copied?
- Given money to a friend. What can i do if i can't recover money?
- Legal procedure to get my notice period reduced