Got call from Delhi custom to pay. what should I do in such case
i had face book frnd from UK ..whoes name is nelly james..he knows my nmber and adress he came to india...and from airport a call came to me that thy r callin frm delhi custom and i have to pay 45000 rs to them as nelly is carrying huge amount and as he knows me i can be in big trouble...i was so sacred that i payed 25000 to them on the account nmber they asked me to deposit,...m very scared now m...plsss help ....
You should not have paid a single Rupee. Taking huge amount of currency out of India is a greater offence than bringing in India. Carrying upto USD 10,000/- is permissible generally worldwide, but even if he was carrying more is no big problem as he can just declare the same at the customs and can take back the same on his return.
You have deposited the money in an unknown number. It can probably be a cheat. But still we can trace the A/c holder through Police as what you have deposited is illegal, as that person can take more advantage.
Advocate D S ChadhaPrehladpur, Faridabad
What nonsense actually! Are you sure it was call frpm delhi customs? Are you sure that neel james actually exists? I seriously believe you are duped. Its a case of cyber crime. File an FIR in nearest cyber cell. Do it now.
Advocate Charu MathurSupreme Court of India, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Customs & Central Excise Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the procedure of getting succession certificate
- Filed restitution case. Now threatened by in laws for false case.
- Booked a plot in Noida. No development till date. What to do?
- How can aunt transfer land gifted to her long back
- MSME registration and VAT registration for Sole proprietorship