Central excise registration for a firm engaged in construction
We are a firm planning to enter into boat building activity. we will subcontract the construction work and construction will be in leased or rented property. In that case do we need to get a excise registration
Statutorily you are not required.
There is no need of RG23A Part 1 updation in case of Subcontracting item, but if you fail to get back the material within 180days then you are liable to pay the Excise duty amount as per the assessable value declared in subcontracting challan. You are liable to pay the duty amount which means RG23A Part1 and 2 both are required to update.
Advocate Charu MathurSupreme Court of India, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Customs & Central Excise Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife and inlaws harassing me what to do
- Given share of money to sister on property can they claim share later
- Can the resignation be rejected on the basis of investigation
- 2 lacs received and cheque issued to me but no balance in his account
- Person took cheque against my consent what should I do