Central excise package 2002 in j&k
Central government gave industrial package to j&k of 100 % excise exemption and other tax holidays for 10 fromvdate of production years. People started investing by taking bank loans and other sources. In 2008 central government I'm between withdrew the package and parties become bank defaulter and bank filed recovery suits as no of units were closed.what is legal opinion wjethy borrower only is sufferer or any legal remedy.
Legal remedy can be placed in such a case with filing for bankruptcy. Banks or financial institutes can not be held liable as they followed the central government rules and any change in the rules they can not be held responsible.
Though, in court for the same a review petition can be filed in favor of defaulters ( if many or prominent no. of defaulters together file for same cause) it can be proved that the central government change in policy/ rule was responsible and a justified solution or relief can be prayed for the defaulters in such a case from the court.
Make a committee of the defaulters and file a petition on high court.
Advocate Shalini KapilaDubai Creek Tower, Dubai
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Customs & Central Excise Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Appointing private lawyer in my 498 a case after charge sheet is filed
- Delay in possession of flat what action can I take against builder
- After father death man asking back loan given to dad no idea about it
- Partition of property sales proceedings
- Papers needed to file mutual Divorce