quesWrong medical certificate provided to underage couple

I am a retired government doctor. An underage couple once came to me to get an age certificate approved. Their father filed an FIR claiming that his daughter is a 17 years minor and she is now pregnant. He and the police came to me and when I refused, they filed an FIR under section 376, 363,114 of the IPC and put my name in it. The police blames me even when I only conducted physical checks. No tests were done, so wrong certificates were given. I am a senior citizen. What can I do?

  • ansGiving such certificates, except in accordance with the legally established procedure, is illegal. Since your name has been added in FIR you will now be prosecuted. Take a bail immediately so that you are not arrested.

  • Related IPC Sections

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 13 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 13 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly