Where can i file defamation case? Which place to file it?
I want to file a defamation case against a person who file false cases against me and now those cases are disposed off. I want to know where can i file defamation case? The place where i stay or the place where that person filed false cases against me?
You may file criminal compliant for defamation, as well as suit for damages, for defamation, though any such action shall depend on the fact, that allegations made against you were proven false before the court, and reference to the same is mentioned in the order favouring you.
If those allegations have been put in before public, even when those were proven false, then yes you may have a case of defamation.
You may file the complaint where cause of action has fully or partly occurred. Since the place where court cases were filed against you, definitely may be place for filing defamation complaint.
Advocate Vivek NasaGurgaon District Court, Gurgaon
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can bank do EMI deduction from surety's salary
- Had live-in relation with a girl but now she is refusing to marry
- What is the procedure to renew Green card in US
- Can I file domestic violence case after my husband files for divorce?
- What to do if one sister is not consenting to sell our ancestral home?