Where can i file defamation case? Which place to file it?
I want to file a defamation case against a person who file false cases against me and now those cases are disposed off. I want to know where can i file defamation case? The place where i stay or the place where that person filed false cases against me?
You may file criminal compliant for defamation, as well as suit for damages, for defamation, though any such action shall depend on the fact, that allegations made against you were proven false before the court, and reference to the same is mentioned in the order favouring you.
If those allegations have been put in before public, even when those were proven false, then yes you may have a case of defamation.
You may file the complaint where cause of action has fully or partly occurred. Since the place where court cases were filed against you, definitely may be place for filing defamation complaint.
Advocate Vivek NasaGurgaon District Court, Gurgaon
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Refused job on the grounds that certificate is fake what to do
- Is there limit to the number of companies i could register in my name?
- Case against car dealer in consumer court for not delivering papers
- Can RWA implement parking fines?
- Reliance postpaid bill not paid because they didn't solve the issue