What is the court procedure after framing of charges?
I want to know that in criminal case proceedings if a person is charged under various sections of the Indian Penal Code and after framing of charges, what is the next step?
After the charges are framed then the Prosecution(State) will lead evidence, the Prosecution Witness will appear in court and will depose and then you can cross examine them, after all the witnesses are examined then you can give your statement and lead the witness and then the court will pronounce its judgement.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Paid booking amount seller cancelled the sale and not returning amount
- Legal responsibilities regarding maintenance & deposit
- Father in law's brother claiming share over his property
- Want to know the procedure to withdraw a civil case
- Gave blank cheque to bank for loan can they file a cheque bounce case