What if person bothers me after compromise? What can i do later on?
I lodged an FIR against a shopkeeper who hit me and abused me. The FIR was lodged under 154 Sec.341.323.354.506. in Sarita Vihar Police Station. Now they want to compromise. Should I compromise?
I am a girl aged 22. What if they bother me after that?
You did justice by lodging the FIR against that shopkeeper for abusing you and hitting you. There must be zero tolerance for the crimes against woman and your action was absolutely right in lodging that FIR.
Your case depends upon the fact stating whether you want to compromise or not. No one can force you to do that. If you think that his apology is satisfactory to you then you can act accordingly. You have to move a petition before the Delhi High Court for quashing of the FIR and should be without any force or coercion.
If they harass you then you can again file a complaint against them in the concerned police station.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Does IMEI no remain blacklisted after FIR is withdrawn?
- Wife tortures requires a divorce
- non Payment of electricity bill by tenant how to recover
- Wrong name in certificates what can be done
- What are the formalities involved in starting an All India level NGO?