×

quesWhat happens if i knowingly purchase a stolen product?

my husband purchase a scrap material of batteries from a person but that product was stolen from a company,but the company owner is in jail,i.e. done by a third party.he is thief,but nw police arrest my husband wat to do now

• ansHello I have read your question and I fully understand so I suggest you to meet any advocate personally and ask because in this matter only deel personal and that legal advisor prepare your matter accordingly that surcumstancess .

Advocate Veerendra Kumar Awasthi

Civil Court, Kanpur

• ansShow them a purchase receipt in which you might had paid-up tax believing and entrusting upon the worth of the product you bought from the local shop/vendor/retailer/distributor/online sale etc-etc or any mode.
    as GOI is promoting the e-mode transactions thus you have any e-receipt/bills paid up are enough document to prove the purchase.
    further contact,please feel free.

Advocates Priyanshu Maheshwari

Arya Nagar, Ghaziabad

• ansThis is an offence toto knowingly purchase a stolen property.you should apply bail application of your husband .and face the trial .and in the mean time try to meet the person who register the complain if he is ready to close the case then he will give statements on the time of evidence and your husband will be free

Advocate Lubna Ishrat

• ansYou have to prove with evidence that you were not aware of the fact that it was a stolen property , you should justify your response other wise its a crime , alsi depends upon status of person from whom u perchased.

Advocate Anurag Bhati

District Court, Noida

• ansFile a case in high court for quashing a fir against your husband . And write a complain against investigation officer . You file a case under 482 crpc high court have ingredient power for do anything

Advocate Markanday Singh

George Town, Allahabad