questhe person who has filed the complaint is underground?

One of my cousin is charged with 366 A.The whole matter is this: My cousin has a friend who knew a girl below 18 years.One day she came to my cousin's friend and asked him to drop her somewhere.He then dropper her on foot to the place.From there she was found missing.Next morning her father filed a complain against my cousin and his friend.As you see my cousin is not involved anywhere in this case but was caught only because he was often seen with his friend.The police arrested both on the next day.Third day his father called the police just before they where going to the civil court and said that his daughter is found and he is bringing her in the police station.After 5 or 6 hours he came alone and said that his girl is not found yet.From that day he vanished and till now which is 10 days,he has not come back means that he is underground.After 4 days my cousin and his friend were released.So please tell me now what to do next.What is the period that the court will wait in a situation in which the complainer is absent himself?We also came to know that the cousin's friend' family has given the Case in charge with sufficient money.In this case does the police has the power to alter the report and put all the blames on my cousin itself?Because the complainer himself stated in the F.I.R that the other boy is the main culprit.My cousin's friend also told the police before that my cousin was not involved in this and he alone went to drop her.

  • anssince the FIR has been registered the case will proceed forward and your cousin may be convicted and sentenced to imprisonment even if the complainant abstains himself from attending the police station and/or court. If the case against your cousin can be sufficiently proved with other evidence then he will not be able to derive any benefit due to the absence of complainant. It is strongly recommended that your cousin should engage a lawyer for his defence, and henceforth act strictly on his advice.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

I had hit an old man on the road. i was driving and the old…
My uncle (Father’s Cousin) put false case against me and my parent first he tried…
I have helped my friend with sum of 250000 rs against post dated cheques. Cheques…
A person has filed a complaint against us in the police station. We have already…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly