Step mother making false complaints to police. How to save myself?
After my mom died my dad married my step mom with whom my relations were not good. I left home after that and had no plans of returning until I found out that my grandmother was no more. My grandmother, in her will had given her shop to me. Since then I have been handling her shop.
But now my step mother is putting baseless and senseless allegations saying I’ve been trying to kill her. Not only this, she has also been threatening my father as well. She has gone to the Police also who are now not willing to listen to our side of the story.
What should I do?
With respect to the false case registered by your step mother, you should send a written intimation to the Police stating the facts of the case and also that you are ready to offer full cooperation in the investigation of the matter.
Furthermore, you can file a civil suit for malicious prosecution (only once you are acquitted from the Court) and defamation claiming damages and compensation for the harassment you have been subjected to.
In the alternative, you can also register a case under Section 211 of the Indian Penal Code for the offence of filing false charges against someone with the intent of causing injury or even under Section 500 for criminal defamation.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Possession delayed by the builder can I take action against him
- Can I ask company to replace bike if any part not working
- What is the easiest way to get a divorce
- Grandfather want to dis own one son from the property what best way
- Will having my sons baby cause any legal problems