quesStep mother making false complaints to police. How to save myself?

After my mom died my dad married my step mom with whom my relations were not good. I left home after that and had no plans of returning until I found out that my grandmother was no more. My grandmother, in her will had given her shop to me. Since then I have been handling her shop.


But now my step mother is putting baseless and senseless allegations saying I’ve been trying to kill her. Not only this, she has also been threatening my father as well. She has gone to the Police also who are now not willing to listen to our side of the story.


What should I do?


  • ans


    With respect to the false case registered by your step mother, you should send a written intimation to the Police stating the facts of the case and also that you are ready to offer full cooperation in the investigation of the matter.


    Furthermore, you can file a civil suit for malicious prosecution (only once you are acquitted from the Court) and defamation claiming damages and compensation for the harassment you have been subjected to.


    In the alternative, you can also register a case under Section 211 of the Indian Penal Code for the offence of filing false charges against someone with the intent of causing injury or even under Section 500 for criminal defamation.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

Please let me know what is the procedure to file complaint against public prosecutor for…
me any my boyfriend are in relationship. 3 years back we married by putting mangalsutra…
my bike was stone from my home, and immediately inform to police and register FIR…
sir their was a case under sec 341,294(b),323,324,427 against me during college days.but now the…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly