Son to pay maintenance for his father.
If a son/daughter has refused to, and had been negligent in taking care of ailing parents, is there a law provision to deny property rights to that person and his/her heirs?
The son can sued under section 125 CrPC for providing maintenance to his parents. He can be sued under Senior Citizens' Act as well. The father can bequeath his properties to any person he chooses by way of Will or Gift deed.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- I am bound with employment agreement for not joining any competitor
- Identification proof for domestic flights travel
- How can I claim maintenance from my husband
- What are my rights on my grandmother's property
- Company not giving experience letter and relieveing letter