Second marriage with a daughter
My father got married 2 years ago with a girl. She has a child from previous husband. We are six member in our family. Is it possible to get married if the first wife is alive? Does that marriage has legal rights?
Neither the girl to whom your father married nor her child have any legal rights in property of your father since second marriage when first wife is alive is void in law. The girl to whom your father married have some rights to claim maintenance from your father under DV Act if she has been living with your father.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Bank asking for NOC for no nomination account
- Signed 1 year bond want to quit before that. What is the best way ?
- Paid 1/3 salary as per court orders can other party claim for more?
- Company forcing me to do night shifts what can i do
- Can I get a Lie Detection (polygraph) test if i doubt my would be wife