Same clan marriage null and void
One of my associates living in Delhi had married a girl of same gotra few months ago. It was not known before marriage. Now he doesn't want to continue with this marriage because of gotra being same. Can this marriage be treated as null and void. What would be the court judgment in this case?
There are grounds mentioned in law for which you can pray for the marriage to be declared as Null & Void. Same clan marriage has not been prescribed to be a ground for annulling the marriage.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- euthanasia was done on my grandpa by my father - what action to take
- Eligibility for obtaining OBC certificate
- Land acquired for highway construction compensation denied
- How to take file from existing lawyer
- Employer ask for resignation after working 1.5 years.