punishment for rape and cheating
What are the punishments under cheating and rape case in India ?
Under section 376 of IPC if a person commits rape shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which shall not be less than seven years but which may be for life or for a term which may extend to ten years and shall also be liable to fine unless the woman raped is his own wife and is not under twelve years of age, in which cases, he shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to two years or with fine or with both.
Under section 417 IPC, Whoever cheats shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine. or with both.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- can i claim property of my father after his divorce?
- Employment contract has arbitrary clause. Can they enforce it legally?
- Can i file civil and criminal case together in case of cheque bounce?
- Property purchased though sale deed already gifted what can I do
- Employee State insurance facility applicable in central govt. offices?