×

quespunishment for rape and cheating

What are the punishments under cheating and rape case in India ?

• ansUnder section 376 of IPC if a person commits rape shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which shall not be less than seven years but which may be for life or for a term which may extend to ten years and shall also be liable to fine unless the woman raped is his own wife and is not under twelve years of age, in which cases, he shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to two years or with fine or with both.

Under section 417 IPC, Whoever cheats shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine. or with both.