Police not taking any action after filing a complaint. What can i do?
Police is not taking any action for a complaint filed for the theft of my wallet and mobile by 6-7 boys. I was traveling to Delhi when this incident happened and I filed a complaint to the Police post which a NCR was filed.
I have even identified the culprits but the Police is not taking any further action and delaying the process. What should I do now?
You need to send a written complaint to the concerned SHO to take permission from the Magistrate to investigate in the matter.
In cases of Non-cognizable offence, the Police has to take permission from the Magistrate to investigate and as you have stated that no action is being taken implies that they have not yet taken the permission.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How can i get child custody of my son who is 1.5 years old.
- Army terminated my service can i claim pension
- Suffering mental torture from husband. What are my rights if i divorce
- Can directors be removed if they have shares in the company
- Police arrested chain snatcher how can I recover my gold ornaments