quesPolice harass us due to the acts of my disowned son. What else to do?

My step son keeps involving in fights and due to which police comes and continuously harass us. His father died and transferred the property in my name before his death. Now i have disowned the son but as he is unable to sustain himself in the outside world so allow him to stay in the room. Last night police came to our house and there are only me and my daughter. Police came at 2:30 at night. They did not talk to us very respectfully. What can i do in such a situation if next time police shows up so late? WHat else should i do since i have disowned him?

Police may require his presence for certain enquiries and are well within their rights to visit the place he is known to be residing . Visit  in odd hours is certainly not desirable but it may be due to some urgent demand of situation. But no one has right to be disrespectful to you, in particular being a lady.

You can complaint of their behaviour to their senior officers or may move to court if their behaviour falls within any of the offences listed in IPC.

• ansPolice may require his presence for certain enquiries and are well within their rights to visit the place he is known to be residing . Visit in odd hours is certainly not desirable but it may be due to some urgent demand of situation. But no one has right to be disrespectful to you, in particular being a lady. You can complaint of their behaviour to their senior officers or may move to court if their behaviour falls within any of the offences listed in IPC.

Harpal Singh

Satya Niketan, Delhi

• ansRemove ur son from ur property if he is not willing u can file a suit against him for restraining to enter ur property or u can file complaint against the police officials who entered in ur property at 2.30am but if ut stepson is a criminal then polce can come any time to arrest him they r within their duty obligations

Advocate M S Hussain

District Court, Saket, Delhi

• ansFile a fir before police station. if police will not write your report then u contact to a lawyer and file a complaint before Magistrate?

Advocate Akhil Verma

Delhi High Court, Delhi