Police asking to pay for taking back my stolen laptop. What to do?
My laptop was stolen. But now it has been recovered and police are not returning the same. I have been asked to furnish a bond valued at 10% of the value of the laptop to get it back.
Why do I need to pay for something which already belongs to me?
As we understand your situation,
You have been misguided here and you are not required to furnish any type of bond to recover the same.
You can make a written application to the SHO asking for returning the laptop and along with the application you can attach a copy of the original bill.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Trusted and given money without Security bond paper
- Is a Settlement with Petitioner possible in Criminal case
- Threat to file case for not following insecticide norm in supermarket
- Selling the flat without involving the landlord.
- Husband has affair with foreigner girl from last two years