quesPolice asking to pay for taking back my stolen laptop. What to do?

My laptop was stolen. But now it has been recovered and police are not returning the same. I have been asked to furnish a bond valued at 10% of the value of the laptop to get it back.

Why do I need to pay for something which already belongs to me?

• ansAs we understand your situation,

You have been misguided here and you are not required to furnish any type of bond to recover the same.

You can make a written application to the SHO asking for returning the laptop and along with the application you can attach a copy of the original bill.