quesPassport in court's custody. Is conditional release of it possible?

I have been falsely charged with Sec 420, 406 & 120B of IPC and my Passport is in Court Custody because of which I am unable to join my work since 2012, being a marine officer.


The court had ordered for an early disposal last year in June but till date nothing has been done. On the other hand I had requested to release my Passport on conditional basis but even that is being unheard.


kindly advise.


  • ans


    You have two options available to you:


    1. File an application in the competent court before the Concerned CMM for the release of your passport.


    2. Secondly, file a writ petition before the High Court for the release of passport as it is a violation of your fundamental right to travel as recognized by the Supreme Court of India in various landmark judgements.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • IPC Section 420 - Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

There is a case committed to sessions court of juvenile. In what situation can juvenile…
Ham char logo ka bhata tha usme mene bakil se farm ka rajistesan apne name…

My friend brought a second hand car from a advocate who had purchased it from…

I was submitted my application on 20th april 2016 against my husband and my inlaws…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly