Passport in court's custody. Is conditional release of it possible?
I have been falsely charged with Sec 420, 406 & 120B of IPC and my Passport is in Court Custody because of which I am unable to join my work since 2012, being a marine officer.
The court had ordered for an early disposal last year in June but till date nothing has been done. On the other hand I had requested to release my Passport on conditional basis but even that is being unheard.
You have two options available to you:
1. File an application in the competent court before the Concerned CMM for the release of your passport.
2. Secondly, file a writ petition before the High Court for the release of passport as it is a violation of your fundamental right to travel as recognized by the Supreme Court of India in various landmark judgements.
Related IPC Sections
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- sale of property acquired after partition without paper
- Purchase a land in name of elder brother when Joint Family &business;
- Divorce finalized in US. 498A pending in India filed by girl's father.
- Final Report in car theft case
- Cenvat Credit Reversal under Rule 6(3)(A)